Welcome to the University of Notre Dame! We are excited that you intend to major in a Science or Engineering related discipline. We are also pleased to offer you an opportunity to apply to the Mary E. Galvin Science and Engineering Scholars program. As a member of this program you will have access to:
- An online five-week summer refresher course to review pre-calculus topics where you also get to meet fellow scholars.
- Small sections of introductory Chemistry, Physics and Calculus classes with experienced, award-winning, and dedicated instructors.
- Study-skills courses attached to Chemistry, Calculus and Physics courses that provide practice in numerical problem solving and critical thinking. The skills learned in these classes will help you succeed in many other courses.
- Continuing academic support throughout the first three semesters with small sections and study skills courses as well as small group study sessions as well as individualized academic support for upper level STEM courses.
- Community building activities and workshops to help provide the tools, network, and resources that will help you to achieve your potential.
- Assistance in finding and funding internships and opportunities in research labs throughout your academic career.
Any questions regarding the program can be directed to Dr. Kelley Young (email@example.com).